Sunday, April 24, 2011

Proverbs 30: 24-28

Four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise:
Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer;
Coneys (rock badger) are creatures of little power, yet they make their homes in the crags;
Locusts have no king, yet they advance together in ranks;
A lizard can be caught with the hand, yet it is found in the king’s palaces

***
There is so much truth in this part of my reading today.

I am inspired by these little creatures mentioned here especially the ants because I am not the type of person who saves up. I squander my money most of the times, especially that time when I was newly employed. I was overwhelmed with the fact that I generate my own money. I am addicted to buying tees. I don’t give, on a regular basis, tithes and offering. Shame on me.

Recently, I regretted the fact that I did not save money for the Nazirite training. I could have saved the income I earned from the on-line job that I once had and did not have to beg professionally from relatives and friends. The company decided to cut me out for budget reasons. Now that I lost the job, I could just hope and pray it will come my way again.

The issues of my life, now that I am turning 26, include pursuing someone and eventually tying the knot. And these issues would surely need heaps of bucks to push through. But I do not have an amount in hand that would suffice. So I have to be stingy and save money for the future. Buy needs and not wants.

Little creatures cannot be underestimated. It is amazing what they can teach big creatures about.

No comments: