Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 20, 2011

Proverbs 31

Sayings of King Lemuel

(wife) Girl of my vows – answer to my prayers

Do not spend your strength on women… OUCH!

But Lord, I would just be spending it on A WOMAN! Lol

***

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.

Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

***

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

A wife of noble character who can find?

She is worth far more than rubies.

Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.

She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar.

She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.

That is it! Is God telling me today of the qualities of a good wife, my would-be wife?

This is exciting!

***

Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

***

I believe that this is God’s intention to bring me to this part of the Book. He is telling me of the qualities of my future wife. Everything that is happening now is not an accident. I happen to start the getting-to-know-you stage with someone I like. I met her in the training in Baguio.

The training motivated me to be closer with Him: I want to go to the deeper places, deeper places Lord to know the dreams of your heart, I want to go to the secret places, hidden laces Lord till there’s nothing left to know the song says.

But I do not want to be getting intimate with JC for the wrong reason. I know that I would be struggling. In fact, I am struggling now. How can I surpass this stage? I got to talk with my pastors and seek their counsel.

I know papa is happy for me right now. Wish you were here papsy. We miss you! J

I was just thinking of how easy it is to be close to Him when everything is okay and feels good. But no, I have to keep going in my pursuit of Him even when I feel like not doing it.

I am just hoping and will be praying that this is IT.

No comments: