Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Like a child

I am going to live a life in simplicity and humility. I do not have to have the answers. Answers are overrated. Even if you have the answer still you have the problem. An answer, even if it is the right answer, is not necessarily THE answer.

I do not have to figure out things. Rationalization or to reason out should not be my goal. Who is God now if I will figure things out? The moment that it seems that I have everything figured out is the moment that God will ensure that I don’t. That maintains His divinity – He knows and I don’t. Faith is a requirement. I just have to trust in God.

I am not promoting ignorance or immaturity. The Bible does not do so but it tells us to receive the Kingdom of God, that is his joy, righteousness, and peace, like a child (Luke 18:17).

The disciples did exactly that. In John 6:15-21, we read the story of them receiving an unfigured, unidentified dark figure which caused them to be terrified only to find out that it was Jesus into their boat. The bible tells us that they were WILLING to take Him in. And the amazing thing is that, in a nanosecond, in a blink of an eye, after receiving Jesus into their boat, we read in the Bible that IMMEDIATELY they reached the shore where they are supposed to go. Amazing!

There is a correlation between reception and arrival.

I cannot rationalize my way to the other side. I simply have to receive who Jesus Christ reveals himself to be, even if it seems ambiguous. When you are not where you used to be but not where you are supposed to be, be careful of the philosophy, beliefs, mentality, thoughts you are receiving or hearing.

An IMMEDIATELY is in your future. It is not ACHIEVED. You don’t need to work for forgiveness or for the Saviour, you just have to WILLINGLY RECEIVE it. Receive His grace by faith.

No comments: