Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reply

The only beautiful woman in my life at the moment is my mum. :)

Your query with regard to my new love interest whom you have described as beautiful reminds me of my bible reading last week which is about Sara and Abraham and Isaac and Rebekkah. In the story, both guys denied their beautiful wives because otherwise they will be killed on account of the beautiful wives they have. Well, I could just imagine how painful it is for the wives to be denied by the husbands themselves. But you know, they have to go through this feeling lest their husbands will be killed.

If you're wondering if I was hurt, let me tell you that I was not hurt hurt, you know. All is good. All is well, as the famous line from the movie The 3 Idiots goes. Let His plan prevail in our lives. You don't need to apologize, but yeah if you insist, apology accepted.

Thanks for the prayers. I badly need them, especially now that the youth camp is fast approaching. And other than that, I've got uni work and other church work to attend to.

It dawned on me, again, earlier, that I was flitting and was spreading my self thinly all over the place. I really have to learn the art of saying no to things that do not really matter. I read an article in a daily in my cube earlier, it's titled Forgetting. And let me share these lines with you:

...that life is not about remembering or even re-learning what is important, but about forgetting what is not.

I believe that deep in our hearts we already know what is important. We were created with that truth and beauty in us. Yet along the way, distracted by a world that places value on what is seen and measured, we have replaced what is important with what is not.

We need to develop the habit, we need to develop the skill of forgetting. We need to because every waking day is a constant battle between what is valuable and what is not. We already know what matters, but we need to forget what doesn’t.

In the twilight of her life, as the sun set and the end of her journey neared, Lola (grandmother) had already forgotten what was unimportant. After 80 years worth of living and working and smiling and laughing, she knew love is all there is to it. That money lasts weeks, positions last years, careers last decades—but relationships are forever.

Thanks for being a friend. Have a great day J**! :)

No comments: